Click here to participate as an individual.
Free fitness classes are being held throughout Englewood Schools for all staff! You may attend any class at any building location, and you may attend as many classes as you'd like each week. This program is sponsored by Kaiser Permanente, but you do NOT need to be a Kaiser member to participate!
Note: the only class below that is not free is the Monday Yoga class at Charles Hay. This class is not sponsored by Kaiser, but all employees are welcome to participate! First class is free.
|Zumba||CFAHS||3:30 PM||1/27 - 3/10 (skip 2/17)|
|Yoga (Vinyasa Flow)||Charles Hay||3:45 PM||Monthly - see flyer NOTE: this is a fee-based class not offered by Kaiser. $10 drop in fee or $8 per class if paid monthly!|
|Pilates||RDAB||4:45 PM||2/3 - 3/17 (skip 2/17)|
|Yoga||Bishop||4:00 PM||1/28 - 3/4|
|Pilates||Maddox||4:00 PM||1/28 - 3/4|
|Boot Camp||Charles Hay||3:15 PM||1/28 - 3/4|
|Zumba||EMS||4:00 PM||1/22 - 2/26|
|Boot Camp||Cherrelyn||3:15 PM||1/23 - 2/27|
|Boot Camp||Clayton||3:15 PM||1/30 - 3/6|
Fall 2013 Thrive Across America Winners!!
No matter where you ranked, congratulations for giving Thrive a try! The Thrive competition will run again in the spring, so until then, keep moving...
Healthy Holidays Program
The holiday season is just around the corner, and with it comes some pretty tempting food choices! You can learn to celebrate the holidays the healthy way through the Healthy Holidays Program! Here's how it works:
1. Print out the materials below if you would like to create a team of friends, co-workers, and families. You can also do the program on your own, but having support of those around you can make it more fun!
- Upper body strength
- Body composition
- Blood pressure
- Resting Sub-Max VO2, a measure of cardiovascular health
The Kaiser Total Health Assessment (THA) is an easy questionnaire that can help you examine what’s affecting your overall health—from how often you exercise to what you eat in the morning—and then help you prioritize your lifestyle changes to reduce your risks.
2013-14 Kaiser Permanente Sponsorship
- Flu Shots (October 10 and 11)
- Onsite fitness classes (Zumba, Pilates, Boot Camp, CrossFit, and Yoga)
- Onsite Healthy Connections (similar to Weight Watchers at Work)
- Thrive Across America (self-reported activity tracking program)
- Healthy Holidays (tips for nutrition from November - January)
- Polar "Real Body Age" Assessments
- Total Health Assessment (online health risk assessment)
EHS Fitness Center Open to All Staff
The newly-renovated EHS fitness center is now available for staff use at NO COST! The center has new cardio equipment, weight lifting equipment (similar to Nautilus machines), free weights, and space for stretching / core work. If you are interested in using the center, please fill out this waiver and send it to Kimberly Venable. She will coordinate with you to have a key available for pickup at the Admin Building (RDAB). Please note:
- The facility is ONLY for staff use.
- You may use the facility any time, unless it is being used for a class. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays the space will not have students from 3:30 - 4:05 PM.
- Please also take good care of your key; loss of the key will result in lock changes and re-issuing of keys for everyone.
- You will not have access to the locker room when using the facility.
- If you would like to create a personal workout plan, including an intro to the gym and its equipment, pleasecontact Belinda Hayes!
Englewood Schools has just been notified that we have won a Bronze level award from Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE) for the 2010-2011 School Employee Wellness (SEW) Awards Program.
As part of this award, ESD will:
- Receive a $250 grant to use for our School Employee Wellness program
- Receive a banner recognizing our achievement to proudly display
- Be featured on DHPE's school employee wellness web site
- Be invited to National Conferences to make presentations about our successful School Employee Wellness program
- Receive a press release to share with local media sources.
The ESD Employee Wellness Committee is thrilled to have this opportunity to help bring wellness programming to our ESD staff. We're headed in a great direction!
ES Staff Rates at Yoga Tree Colorado
The Yoga Tree Colorado, an Englewood-based yoga studio, is offering discounted rates to all ES employees! See here for a listing of rates.
When visiting The Yoga Tree Colorado, simply let them know you are an ESD employee and you will be given the discounted rate.
Employee Wellness Survey
A big thank you to all of you who took the time to complete this survey. You have provided the Employee Wellness Committee with a very valuable tool for charting out the next steps in employee wellness!
View the results here!
Healthy food celebrations don't have to be difficult or expensive. Click here for a listing of food items that are good for you, good for your co-workers, and won't break the piggy bank.